CNPS Redbud Chapter
About Our Chapter
Board of Directors
How to Join Redbud-CNPS
How to Reach Us
If you come across other links that should go on this page,
please let us know. Placer county links
would be especially welcome...
- Our pages on:
- How to create a wildlife haven in your backyard
- Native plant design ideas
- Sensitive Plants of Nevada and Placer Counties, updated Nov. 2001
- Our parent organization, the California Native Plant Society
- LOCAL WEBSITES OF INTEREST
- NCGold Online's Bridgeport
Wildflowers page, with info on wildflowers at Bridgeport State Historic Park.
- Kid stuff:
- American Herb Association, with local author and member Kathi Keville.
- Former N.C. resident Carol Leigh's Picture This website on
outdoor photography, with
many links to wildflower events and activities.
- The Integrated Hardwood Range Management Program,
and education program of the University of California dedicated to conserving
California's 10 million acres of oak woodlands. This website provides a
wealth of information about oaks, including oak regeneration, oak woodland
ecology, wildlife habitat in oak woodlands and pest management.
- The official mega-source for Plant Information in California is the Jepson Interchange.
- The main photo source is CalFlora in Berkeley.
- An even larger bank of living organisms is CalPhotos - CA Native Plants and Habitats, more than 17000 images of CA plants as well as fungi, animals and habitats, from UC Berkeley.
- The Native American
Ethnobotany Database from the University of Michigan
- The Forest Issues Group is now on the web.
- Russell Towles' pages on the North Fork
of the American River-- trails, geology, native wildflower
- Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center in Texas
- Caylie's site for kids and gardening
- Local and distant native plant sources we use for our plant sales.
- Find vernal pools information at:
- Butterflies of California
(which pollinate plants)
- Check the Nevada County Land Trust Site for further listings of their activities.
- Placer Group of the
Motherlode Chapter of the Sierra Club, in Placer County
- The Yolo Basin Foundation, in and around Davis
- Other U.S. native plant organizations
- Educational Plant Information Sources
- The Living Wild Project by our member Alicia Funk
- Berry Fruit Guide (from Craft Central, Home Ec.)
- Edible Wild Plants (from Craft Central, Home Ec.)
Thanks to Tom and Larry Pitts for these:
MykoWeb: Mushrooms, Fungi, Mycology
North American Mycological Association
Tom Volk's Fungi
Treasures from the Kingdom of Fungi
Morel Mania (suppliers of Morel products)
Taming Wild Mushrooms
Index to Mycology Resources
US-China macrofungi: home page
Alphabetic list of latin names (French)
Mycology Information (Mycoinfo)
Fungi of the San Francisco Bay Area
The Boletes of California
The Mycological Society of San Francisco
Mycorrhiza Information Exchange Web Site
Systematic Botany & Mycology Databases
Field Biology Software: Taxonomy 1